Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Marketing Revenue

Our Broken Sky by Sarah Harian Cover reveal + giveaway!

Hi folks! I am here to share with you the cover for the novella in the Chaos Theory series by the fabulous and wonderfully talented Sarah Harian! I've been talking to Sarah on Twitter recently and I'm suffering from a bad case of The Wicked We Have Done withdrawals. But never fear! While we wait for September to arrive for the sequel, A Vault of Sins, to come out Sarah has a novella coming out in August and I am proud to share the cover for the novella in Valerie's POV called "Our Broken Sky" and a little excerpt to tide us over!



Release Date: August 19th, 2014
Series Info: Chaos Theory #1.5

Feral


In The Wicked We Have Done, readers were introduced to Valerie Crane. But you don’t know her the way you think you do. This is her story…

Valerie has always been different from her identical twin Veda. Tattooed, fiery, and foul-mouthed, Valerie acts on instinct, getting even with anyone who wrongs her passive, and sensitive sister.

At twenty-two, Veda doesn’t want to seek revenge against the three young men who raped her. As for Val…
Val never could manage her anger well.

As far as Val sees it, the Compass Room is simply a quicker way for her to die—payment for the crime she feels no guilt over. There isn’t a reason to fight, not until a girl as broken as she is reminds Val of what it’s like to hope…



EXCERPT: 

Her name and crime come back to me… 

Jacinda Glaser. Her suicide attempt killed a family.

“I feel alive here,” she says. “If I’m going to feel alive, then I want to stay alive.” Her face scrunches up, and another tear slides down her cheek. “The waiting is the worst. And now I don’t know why they’ve put us here of all places. Like they’re teasing us with something beautiful we could live for before they take it away.”

I can’t help it. I laugh.

Behind all of those tears she shoots me a dirty look. It’s sincere. I’ve angered her to all hell.

“I’m sorry. This place isn’t beautiful to me. It’s torture.”

Her cheeks puff out and she blows air out of her lips, glancing back toward the trees. It’s a ‘fuck off’ gesture if I ever saw one. I didn’t mean to insult her… not really.

“I hate waiting to die,” she says.

“Then don’t. Go out partying hard. Don’t wait for anything.” Hell knows that I never did.
I hold out my hand. She looks at it reluctantly before finally taking it, but then quickly drops it like she touched fire. “Jace,” she mumbles.

“Hi, Jace. I’m—”

“I know who you are.”

I cock my head. The tone of her voice is dark and a little vicious—at least, as vicious as I can ever imagine coming from her.

I should probably stop judging people so much on looks. Jesus.

“That so? Then who am I?”

Her courage falters a bit. I can see it in her eyes. She bites the corner of her lip and looks away again.

“Triple homicide. All of those boys. They say that the evidence partially clears you because you couldn’t hang them all by yourself.”

“Partially clears me.” When I lean toward her, she doesn’t back away like I’m expecting her to.

“What doomed me?”

“DNA. And the news… some of the news debates say that you… umm….”

I grin deviantly, and she finds the words.

“Have a psychotic personality.”

News to me. I just thought I was aggressive.

“And what do you think?” I take a step toward her, closing the space between us, and she looks up at me, her eyes narrow lines.

“You’re the kind of girl that parties hard on her deathbed, Valerie.”

She says my name like it’s sugar-coated toxic waste. I fucking love it.

-----

About the author:

Sarah Harian grew up in the foothills of Yosemite and received her B.A. and M.F.A. from Fresno State University. When not writing, she is usually hiking some mountain or another in the Sierras, playing video games with her husband, or rough-housing with her dog.


Website: www.sarahharian.com
Goodreads: www.sarahharian.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/sarahharian
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Harian/e/B00J4XHFI4/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0


And because I love this series a whole lot, I'm giving away a copy of The Wicked We Have Done to one lucky Kindle owner. You must have a Kindle (or at least be able to accept Kindle ebooks from Amazon) to join!

GIVEAWAY TIME!!!
WIN A (Kindle) COPY OF THE WICKED WE HAVE DONE!

Rules:
Must be at least 13 years old to enter
Open to EVERYONE
Ends 4/30




Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Review: Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge

I've grown up reading fairy tales with princes sweeping princesses off their feet, and that's how it's always been. Who would have thought that these tales can be re-imagined into something new that can pique a reader's interest? Title: Gilded Ashes (Cruel Beauty Universe) by Rosamund Hodge Release Date: April 1st 2014 Published by: Balzer + Bray Source: Bought Buy: Amazon Summary: Orphan Maia doesn't see the point of love when it only brings pain: Her dying mother made a bargain with the evil, all-powerful ruler of their world that anyone who hurt her beloved daughter would be punished; her new stepmother went mad with grief when Maia's father died; and her stepsisters are desperate for their mother's approval, yet she always spurns them. And though her family has turned her into a despised servant, Maia must always pretend to be happy, or else they'll all be struck dead by the curse. Anax, heir to the Duke of Sardis, doesn't believe in love ei...

ARC Review: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley

She speaks the truth, and nothing but the truth. And where Aria Morse lives, that can get her into all sorts of trouble. Title: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley Release Date: April 8th 2014 Published by: Soho Teen Source: Publisher (Thanks Ms. Jenny!) Buy: Amazon | Book Dpository Summary: Ask Aria Morse anything, and she must answer with the truth. Yet she rarely understands the cryptic words she‘s compelled to utter. Blessed—or cursed—with the power of an Oracle who cannot decipher her own predictions, she does her best to avoid anyone and everyone. But Aria can no longer hide when Jade, one of the few girls at school who ever showed her any kindness, disappears. Any time Aria overhears a question about Jade, she inadvertently reveals something new, a clue or hint as to why Jade vanished. But like stray pieces from different puzzles, her words never present a clear picture. Then there’s Alex, damaged and dangerous, but the first person other than Jade to stand up for her. And Will, who off...

Waiting on Wednesday (146): Magnolia + A Blind Spot for Boys

Hi! How are y'all doing? I had to think real hard and decide which books I want to feature as my WoW picks this week, and here they are! Have you heard of these books? Let me know by leaving comments below! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine Title: Magnolia by Kristi Cook Release Date: August 5th 2014 Published by: Simon & Schuster Want? Add to your Goodreads list! Summary (from Goodreads): In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi, the Cafferty and Marsden families are southern royalty. Neighbors since the Civil War, the families have shared vacations, holidays, backyard barbecues, and the overwhelming desire to unite their two clans by marriage. So when a baby boy and girl were born to the families at the same time, the perfect opportunity seemed to have finally arrived. Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden have no intention of giving in to their parents’ wishes. They’re only seventeen, for goodness’ sake, not to mention that one little problem: They hate eac...