Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Marketing Revenue

Waiting on Wednesday (146): Magnolia + A Blind Spot for Boys

Hi! How are y'all doing?

I had to think real hard and decide which books I want to feature as my WoW picks this week, and here they are! Have you heard of these books? Let me know by leaving comments below!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: Magnolia by Kristi Cook
Release Date: August 5th 2014
Published by: Simon & Schuster
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi, the Cafferty and Marsden families are southern royalty. Neighbors since the Civil War, the families have shared vacations, holidays, backyard barbecues, and the overwhelming desire to unite their two clans by marriage. So when a baby boy and girl were born to the families at the same time, the perfect opportunity seemed to have finally arrived.

Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden have no intention of giving in to their parents’ wishes. They’re only seventeen, for goodness’ sake, not to mention that one little problem: They hate each other! Jemma can’t stand Ryder’s nauseating golden-boy persona, and Ryder would like nothing better than to pretend stubborn Jemma doesn’t exist.

But when a violent storm ravages Magnolia Branch, it unearths Jemma’s and Ryder’s true feelings for each other as the two discover that the line between love and hate may be thin enough to risk crossing over.

Why I'm waiting for Magnolia:

Because I'm craving for good YA contemporary reads for the summer, and this book sounds like something I'd read. I'd like to read it now, if possible. Love-hate relationships? Southern royalty, age old family friends, childhood friends (okay, maybe not) and I feel like the setting is perfect for a cute read.


Title: A Blind Spot for Boys by Justina Chen
Release Date: August 12th 2014
Published by: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!
Summary (from Goodreads):

Shana has always had a blind spot for boys. Can she trust the one who's right in front of her?

Sixteen-year-old Shana Wilde is officially on a Boy Moratorium. After a devastating breakup, she decides it's time to end the plague of Mr. Wrong, Wrong, and More Wrong.

Enter Quattro, the undeniably cute lacrosse player who slams into Shana one morning in Seattle. Sparks don't just fly; they ignite. And so does Shana's interest. Right as she's about to rethink her ban on boys, she receives crushing news: Her dad is going blind. Quattro is quickly forgotten, and Shana and her parents vow to make the most of the time her father has left to see. So they travel to Machu Picchu, and as they begin their trek, they run into none other than Quattro himself. But even as the trip unites them, Quattro pulls away mysteriously... Love and loss, humor and heartbreak collide in this new novel from acclaimed author Justina Chen.

Why I'm waiting for A Blind Spot for Boys:

Because it's Justina Chen? I loved North of Beautiful, and even though that story is very much different than this, I'm looking forward to reading a new novel from her. And I find the "Boy Moratorium" really cute. I want to know more about Shana's habit of falling for the wrong guy. (Don't we all, at one point?) Plus what a curious sounding name, Quattro, and I never thought Machu Pichu can be an ideal setting for a YA contemporary novel. I wanna see how everything works out in the book!

-----

So what are your WoW picks this week?


Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Review: Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge

I've grown up reading fairy tales with princes sweeping princesses off their feet, and that's how it's always been. Who would have thought that these tales can be re-imagined into something new that can pique a reader's interest? Title: Gilded Ashes (Cruel Beauty Universe) by Rosamund Hodge Release Date: April 1st 2014 Published by: Balzer + Bray Source: Bought Buy: Amazon Summary: Orphan Maia doesn't see the point of love when it only brings pain: Her dying mother made a bargain with the evil, all-powerful ruler of their world that anyone who hurt her beloved daughter would be punished; her new stepmother went mad with grief when Maia's father died; and her stepsisters are desperate for their mother's approval, yet she always spurns them. And though her family has turned her into a despised servant, Maia must always pretend to be happy, or else they'll all be struck dead by the curse. Anax, heir to the Duke of Sardis, doesn't believe in love ei...

ARC Review: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley

She speaks the truth, and nothing but the truth. And where Aria Morse lives, that can get her into all sorts of trouble. Title: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley Release Date: April 8th 2014 Published by: Soho Teen Source: Publisher (Thanks Ms. Jenny!) Buy: Amazon | Book Dpository Summary: Ask Aria Morse anything, and she must answer with the truth. Yet she rarely understands the cryptic words she‘s compelled to utter. Blessed—or cursed—with the power of an Oracle who cannot decipher her own predictions, she does her best to avoid anyone and everyone. But Aria can no longer hide when Jade, one of the few girls at school who ever showed her any kindness, disappears. Any time Aria overhears a question about Jade, she inadvertently reveals something new, a clue or hint as to why Jade vanished. But like stray pieces from different puzzles, her words never present a clear picture. Then there’s Alex, damaged and dangerous, but the first person other than Jade to stand up for her. And Will, who off...