Chuyển đến nội dung chính

Marketing Revenue

Waiting on Wednesday (156): A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsay Smith

I can't believe it's been a year since I've last posted a WoW. And I am waiting for a lot of books this 2016, obviously!

I'm starting now, and for this year's first installment of Waiting on Wednesday, I am waiting for this book that sounds really amazing. Check it out below!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Title: A Darkly Beating Heart by Lindsay Smith
Release Date: October 25th 2016
Published by: Roaring Brook Press
Want? Add to your Goodreads list!

Summary:

A time-travel story that alternates between modern day and 19th century Japan as one girl confronts the darkness lurking in her soul.

No one knows what to do with Reiko. She is full of hatred. All she can think about is how to best hurt herself and the people closest to her. After a failed suicide attempt, Reiko’s parents send her from their Seattle home to spend the summer with family in Japan to learn to control her emotions. But while visiting Kuramagi, a historic village preserved to reflect the nineteenth-century Edo period, Reiko finds herself slipping back in time into the life of Miyu, a young woman even more bent on revenge than Reiko herself. Reiko loves being Miyu, until she discovers the secret of Kuramagi village, and must face down Miyu’s demons as well as her own.

Why I'm waiting for A Darkly Beating Heart:

Two things. Japan and time travel.

I've mentioned this before and I'm a really big fan of anything that is remotely related to Japan, so the first time I've read the summary for this book I know I'm going to read this. (I did a quick search and it looks like Kuramagi is a fictional town so I'm more than excited to know about this historic village!) Also, modern times and 19th century Japan? Can you imagine what 19th century Edo period Japan in a ficitonal town will be like?  Plus secrets! Vengeance! What an amazing combo!

I'm very, very intrigued! I have Lindsay's other series on my TBR list so I haven't read anything from her but A Darkly Beating Heart makes me want to bump her books up my list just so I can get a glimpse of how her writing is.

-----

What are your WoW picks? Share them with me, please!

Nhận xét

Bài đăng phổ biến từ blog này

Review: Gilded Ashes by Rosamund Hodge

I've grown up reading fairy tales with princes sweeping princesses off their feet, and that's how it's always been. Who would have thought that these tales can be re-imagined into something new that can pique a reader's interest? Title: Gilded Ashes (Cruel Beauty Universe) by Rosamund Hodge Release Date: April 1st 2014 Published by: Balzer + Bray Source: Bought Buy: Amazon Summary: Orphan Maia doesn't see the point of love when it only brings pain: Her dying mother made a bargain with the evil, all-powerful ruler of their world that anyone who hurt her beloved daughter would be punished; her new stepmother went mad with grief when Maia's father died; and her stepsisters are desperate for their mother's approval, yet she always spurns them. And though her family has turned her into a despised servant, Maia must always pretend to be happy, or else they'll all be struck dead by the curse. Anax, heir to the Duke of Sardis, doesn't believe in love ei...

ARC Review: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley

She speaks the truth, and nothing but the truth. And where Aria Morse lives, that can get her into all sorts of trouble. Title: Ask Me by Kimberly Pauley Release Date: April 8th 2014 Published by: Soho Teen Source: Publisher (Thanks Ms. Jenny!) Buy: Amazon | Book Dpository Summary: Ask Aria Morse anything, and she must answer with the truth. Yet she rarely understands the cryptic words she‘s compelled to utter. Blessed—or cursed—with the power of an Oracle who cannot decipher her own predictions, she does her best to avoid anyone and everyone. But Aria can no longer hide when Jade, one of the few girls at school who ever showed her any kindness, disappears. Any time Aria overhears a question about Jade, she inadvertently reveals something new, a clue or hint as to why Jade vanished. But like stray pieces from different puzzles, her words never present a clear picture. Then there’s Alex, damaged and dangerous, but the first person other than Jade to stand up for her. And Will, who off...

Waiting on Wednesday (146): Magnolia + A Blind Spot for Boys

Hi! How are y'all doing? I had to think real hard and decide which books I want to feature as my WoW picks this week, and here they are! Have you heard of these books? Let me know by leaving comments below! Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine Title: Magnolia by Kristi Cook Release Date: August 5th 2014 Published by: Simon & Schuster Want? Add to your Goodreads list! Summary (from Goodreads): In Magnolia Branch, Mississippi, the Cafferty and Marsden families are southern royalty. Neighbors since the Civil War, the families have shared vacations, holidays, backyard barbecues, and the overwhelming desire to unite their two clans by marriage. So when a baby boy and girl were born to the families at the same time, the perfect opportunity seemed to have finally arrived. Jemma Cafferty and Ryder Marsden have no intention of giving in to their parents’ wishes. They’re only seventeen, for goodness’ sake, not to mention that one little problem: They hate eac...